The crush of correspondence/news/information I receive these days has made it increasingly difficult for me to make time for long-form blog posts. But I continue to discover and share a variety of interesting things throughout the day, and I miss my blog and the conversations that it spurs. So, I'm switching to a micro-blogging approach here for awhile. Enjoy!
Here's what crossed my radar today:
- Are overly high expectations causing younger generations to be unhappy, as this article suggests? Worth consideration.
- Why is it that SnapChat is valued at $3.5 Billion while this (in my opinion, priceless) 65 million year old dinosaur is only a meager $9 Million? [Rhetorical question.]
- I defy you to listen to this love story and not shed a tear.
- Check out this guy's resume.
- Read Jack London's Credo:
I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out
in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom
of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
Just for Fun
- Tweet A Coffee - a great social commerce execution by Starbucks