We had a fun time at the Boston Wine Expo on Sunday (an alternative way to tailgate before the big Pats game!), and the best part was getting in early with the Trade crowd before doors were open to the general public.
There was a great assortment of wines - some of the more memorable ones were Banfi (Italy), Joseph Carr (California), Muscato di Limnos (Greece), Chateau Ste Michelle (Washington), and an assortment of Chateauneuf du Pape (France).
And let's not forget all the food accompaniments! Among them:
- Serrano ham sliced fresh off the bone (eek)
- 100% grass-fed beef jerky with garlic powder rub and brown sugar glaze from SlantShackJerky.com (YUM)
- Pecorino cheese with white & black truffle oil from TastyTuscan.com (double YUM)
- Brix chocolate (I love the milk chocolate, which pairs well with Port, Sherry, and dessert wines)
- A chocolate whoopie pie from The Whoopie Wagon in the gift bag
Here are some pictures from the event: