These are probably too girlie for Butch Bakery, but I made them yesterday and they're quite good.
- Process 3 cups almonds & 3 cups rolled oats in a food processer.
- Stir in 3 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and pinch of salt.
- Whisk together 1.5 cups maple syrup, .75 cup vegetable oil, and .75 cup applesauce; add it to the dry mix and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Drop 1-ounce scoops onto a greased cookie sheet, and make an indentation in the center of each; fill with stawberry preserves. I used strawberry rhubarb jam we picked up at Dutton Farm Stand on our most recent trip to Vermont.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes and cool on wire rack. This recipe makes 5 dozen, but I halved it.
The recipe comes from Recipes & Reflections: A Journey of Food & Friendship from the Inn at the Round Barn Farm, which I visited on a trip up to Vermont last year.
It 's a great book with lots of delicious recipes...I'm slowly working my way through all of them!