I love what auction giant eBay is doing with it's new trendspotting publication, The Inside Source.
When I first read about it back in November, I promptly checked it out, subscribed to their enewsletter, and shouted out some praise (to which The Inside Source promptly replied - they are on trend in more ways than one!).
The goal of the site & newsletter is to showcase the trendiest items for sale on eBay - things that "savvy" and sophisticated" shoppers may not even realize are available on the auction site...and it does a good job.
Today, I received this promo for Valentine's Day, which features a variety of items currently for sale, packaged up in nice little bundles to make selecting a gift for your Valentine a snap. Among them:
- Homespun Holiday, featuring unique, artisan crafted gifts;
- Retro Beach Getaway, featuring vintage travel posters and accessories;
- Old World Romance, for "wonderfully sentimental, heirloom-quality pieces";
- Gifts for the Urban Sophisticate; and of course...
- Red Romance, full of your traditional hearts and lace.
The shopper in me looks forward to receiving The Inside Source for its editorial, as much as its product features. I bundle it in with my other favorite fashion reads, like DailyCandy, Haute Weekly, The Zoe Report, Net-A-Porter, and ShopBop.
And the marketer in me is impressed with the strategy and execution of this program - yes, I now visit eBay more than I ever used to :)